Green Wellies and Baler Twine Forum Index Green Wellies and Baler Twine
Field Sports, Shooting, Fishing - Country Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coping with the CREDIT CRUNCH?
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Green Wellies and Baler Twine Forum Index -> The Staff Room -> Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lefthandandy
86 watts somewhat less enlightened..

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Coping with the CREDIT CRUNCH?  Reply with quote

How are you dealing with the soaring prices on petrol ,food etc.House prices dropping at record percentages.I noticed it at the petrol pump cost
me 20.00 to get down to dorset at normal vroom vroom speed,on the way home in steady traffic cost me 12.00 theres one answer,misses says
everything gone up down the supermarket washing powders 3.00 more exspensive,easy just wear your clothes for 2 days ,instead of 1 ,i can get 5 days out of a one pair of boxer shorts,and as for me dog and cat let them eat scraps instead of this iams superman food,and walk to the shops
i think i have just saved approx 80.00 a month which means more beer
fags and mints for me Cool

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell the Kids or rent them to Chimney Sweeps. Extra income plus a cut in food bills.
Eat pets. Double saving there, food bill drops and no Pet Food to buy.
Mug old ladies so as to make your income go further. After all they've lived their lives and it only gets to Hyperthermic Weather in Winter.
See all very R.C. utilizing everything available.
pepperami
Champion Dungspreader

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i walk to the shops for all our bits and pieces Smile  and our dog always has our left-overs as an alternative to expensive pet-food...not so good when we have beans for our tea Shocked  Shocked
rhino
Farm Hand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting times chaps, things have got worse since the last post on this subject, food items are now being stolen as they become high value and fuel is through the roof with record prices on crude, add this to fall of the 2 major US lenders and the time seems ripe for an overthrow of the government and anarchy in the UK  Laughing
Seriously I think this may be a time of great opportunity and hopefully a time when the ordinary man ( ie us ) says enough is enough, society needs restructuring with emphasis given to the law abiding tax payer not the yobs, chavs, spongers ruling the streets today.
If as labour claimed all those years ago, the torys sold the family silver, then they actually did sell the gold.
What sort of financial idiot announces that they're going to sell lots of gold on a certain day, then is surprised when the market crashes on that day  Evil or Very Mad
Sorry I'm digressing, rant over till next time  Wink
monkeybum
Veterinary Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your up for leading the rebellion then Rhino? Wink
Calli
Drama Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoah guys we are so not there yet! The economical growth has slowed down and not recession yet by a long way!

House prices are affected by the restricted lending of the banks - less to lend you place it carefully and that tends not to be the 100% first timers.

The current trend of living on credit is causing a limit on disposable income - more being repaid....

Oil prices are at the root too - they affect the prices of everything that needs packaging and transporting....food/drink/anything.....

they have likened it to the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse each in singularity is dealable with  = altogether a serious matter.

Off to count chickens Rolling Eyes
Quixote
Laird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calli wrote:

each in singularity is dealable with

So...............cost of living is way above inflation, leading to less disposable income.........

Fuel prices are hugely increased compared to even 6 months ago.........increasing demand on a reducing income even further

Increased unrest with a government that doesn't appear to remotely care for public opinion...........

I must admit, I do wonder where it's all going to lead Shocked
mrquiver
Yard Hand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrap metal is making silly money, 230 per tonne i've got, if you've got any nows the time to cash in.
Quixote
Laird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrquiver wrote:
Scrap metal is making silly money

It's driven up by China's massive demand for steel at the moment..........the company I work for is being hit really hard by the increase in steel prices just now. The price per tonne has risen from around the 500 mark to over 800.

This trend of increasing prices is going to come to a head very quickly, and will hit very hard! You mark my words Shocked

Stock up on baked beans, ladies and gentlemen...............Apocalypse is nigh!  Confused
Calli
Drama Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you mean the tins are worth more than the beans.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Green Wellies and Baler Twine Forum Index -> The Staff Room -> Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: