Green Wellies and Baler Twine Forum Index Green Wellies and Baler Twine
Field Sports, Shooting, Fishing - Country Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does your OH Support You In An Argument?
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Green Wellies and Baler Twine Forum Index -> The Staff Room -> The Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybum
Veterinary Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Does your OH Support You In An Argument?  Reply with quote

Well do they? I am not what I would call a very passive person. I mean, I have had my fair share of arguments over the years. (Well I've got Scottish blood running through my veins) and I have a fiery temper to say the least. But when some guy is in my face screaming at me and poking his finger in my face I would expect my OH to stand up and tell him to back off! Wouldn't you????? My OH????? Nope, stands there like a wet weekend in Bognor and utters not a squeak but to hear me rant and rave like some Celtic looney bent on murder in the first. What would you do? Are we talking divorce here? Mad
Quixote
Laird

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Does your OH Support You In An Argument? Reply with quote

monkeybum wrote:
my fair share of arguments over the years. (Well I've got Scottish blood

Oi! Cause a fight in an empty house, you would! Laughing

I wouldn't care about the whys & wherefor's of the argument, myself. If anyone treated my OH that way they'd get the hammer regardless of whether they were right, or wrong!

The 'right-or-wrong' aspect of it comes a long way second when it comes to bullies!!!  

As for your OH?...................have you tried spanking him for his bad behaviour? Laughing

Make him listen to this................(might be the only decent whining noise to come from Fife for god knows how many years)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3tNylJr7Z4
monkeybum
Veterinary Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how to take that Q??? Seeing as I was born in Kircaldy! But I don't whine, well not much, well ok maybe quite a lot. I'm actually more shocked that my typing seems to get better the more I drink. Laughing  
But yes I agree, I would cause an argument in an empty house. I'm just sick of being the one who stands up and shouts when something isn't right. A bit of support goes a long way, and I just aint getting it at the mo. The guy screaming at me was well out of order and short of being a weak defenseless woman (something I have never pretended to be, more likely knock them out ask questions later) I do expect marriage to include even the tiniest bit of moral support.
pepperami
Champion Dungspreader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well MB you are not the only one who does`nt always get the support.

i can never get it right!!! if i step in when she is having a row, she will tell me to mind my own business Shocked  but if some one is as good as her in a row she will say " Hmmph! so much for you looking after me" and will have the hump for days Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

if i have a row then i`m just a big thug looking for a fight Confused  Confused even if they come at me first.
she once told me that i caused the problem because i looked at the other person Rolling Eyes  Laughing

that all said and done, nobody threatens my missus without coming through me first, but hey that`s just me!!!
Cadfael
Champion Dungspreader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Well MB you are not the only one who does`nt always get the support.

i can never get it right!!! if i step in when she is having a row, she will tell me to mind my own business Shocked  but if some one is as good as her in a row she will say " Hmmph! so much for you looking after me" and will have the hump for days Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

if i have a row then i`m just a big thug looking for a fight Confused  Confused even if they come at me first.
she once told me that i caused the problem because i looked at the other person Rolling Eyes  Laughing

that all said and done, nobody threatens my missus without coming through me first, but hey that`s just me!!!

You and me both fella!!! Sad

and she wonders why i prefer living on my own.......My GF tends to attract more than her fair share of admiring glances (and comments....) but can I say anything in her defence?...can i buggery.....

Sometime i wish I could be a woman for a day.....just to experience the thought process (Yes...that, and nothing more....... Shocked )....I've read "Women are from Venus, men are from Mars"....brilliant.....but you need both parties to bloody read it or it don't work!!!

Yes, its all very confusing to a simple man like me......If i live to be a hundred I will never understand the female mind......I try, I really do....

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

George Orwell
Calli
Drama Queen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are all just saying that Laughing  Laughing

As for OH defending me - never been in a position to find out.

No Baz its not because no one answers me back before you say it Rolling Eyes
Cadfael
Champion Dungspreader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a positive note tho...not being able to say anything has helped control my...erm....temper......

still not very tolerant mind you....but at least i bite me lip now......

You see I was brought up to defend a ladies virtue and honour (yes....go on....get it out your system....  Rolling Eyes  Very Happy )....hence smacking a few chops when they get too gobby / naughty with comments.....I've learnt not to doing anything whilst she's about....sod's law says i'll bump into the offending party at some time while on me own anyway.....although she does argue that having a go at me and stopping me having an argument with A N OTHER, is because she knows i'll smack A N OTHERS  chops quite happily, and she don't want me getting into trouble on her behalf.....(bless.... Smile )

She has a point when you think about it........well....with me she does....

perhaps MB, thats happened in the past?...hence his reluctence to cop your wraith?

I dunno....just a thought...... Embarassed

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

George Orwell
Calli
Drama Queen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MB has a wraith?

how cool is that Very Happy

Want one too
Cadfael
Champion Dungspreader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops.... Embarassed

Wrath.....bloody i's..........fat finger syndrome........ Very Happy

(even had to edit this post....lord above..... Rolling Eyes )

George Orwell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting trend starting to appear.
The answer to all problems is to give the supposed offender a good hiding.
Hearts and Minds???????
More like double standards.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Green Wellies and Baler Twine Forum Index -> The Staff Room -> The Bar All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: